This hour and a half program will invite families to explore the museum with activities at a variety of age levels around our monthly theme/topic.
We will have time as a large group for an introduction and then families will be welcome to explore the theme stations and the museum on their own. Before families depart we will meet again as a large group for one final activity and questions.
9/11, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5, 1/9, 2/6, 3/12, 4/9, 5/7
● 10:00-10:15 Check in families/open explore
● 10:15 Big Group Introduction in Auditorium
● 10:30-11:15 Theme Stations and independent exploration (There will be at least two; one for older children and one for younger. Families will be welcome to do one the other or both.)
● 11:15-11:30 One final activity in the Auditorium
Historic Sites 484 W. Webster Ave:
● September: Victorian Life with the Hackleys and Humes.
Muskegon Heritage Museum of Business & Industry 561 W. Western:
● October: Machines-Simple and Complex.
Muskegon Museum of History and Science 430 W. Clay:
● November: Furs to Fires. **Note November time will vary 10:50-12:20.
● December: Lumbering
● January: Fish of the Great Lakes
● February: Geology of the Great Lakes
● March: Astronomy and the Night Sky
● April: Gardens: Soil Chemistry & Microclimates
● May: Pioneers of Michigan
All attendees must register via Ticket Tailor: https://buytickets.at/lakeshoremuseumcenter/990215
This is a FREE program for all participants but space is limited.
Funding for these programs has been provided by the Michigan Arts and Culture Council and National Endowment of the Arts.