Our featured item is a Corliss Valve Steam Engine built in 1893, with a 10 foot diameter flywheel weighing 6 tons. This engine came from the Stewart Hartshorn Roller Shade Co. of Muskegon and powered a dynamo to provide electricity in the plant from 1893 until the 20s. Watch the engine run whenever the museum is open. Originally it was powered by steam, today we use air from a Regenerative Blower.
Adam Winters, Allan Dake and others have spent many hours getting this equipment in working condition. With donations from Alcoa/Howmet, Norm & Maureen Campbell, C.W. Marsh Co. and Fred Wilder.